Digital Communications Intern, part time
- Project management, writing, and creating web content for the Shkreli Awards, an annual Top Ten List drawing attention to the most egregious examples of profiteering and dysfunction in health care. This is a high profile project involving a large panel of judges that are well-known figures in their fields.
- Assist in development of the new Lown Institute website, including content loading, light editing, and image management.
- Assist the Communications Team in other projects as needed.
- Current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate ideally studying health policy, public policy, communications, or a related field.
- Good writing and copyediting skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience using WordPress (or similar CMS) and a general understanding of web design principles.
- Aligned with the Lown Institute’s goals of exposing the harms of the current health care system and guiding a path toward a just and caring system of health.
- Desire to learn more about health care policy and system reform.
- Strong time management skills, organized, and detail-oriented
- Quick to learn in a fast-paced environment
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Jgarber@lowninstitute.org. No phone calls or faxes please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
- Assist staff with researching and writing short items on health care news in the weekly newsletter
- Assist staff in research for white papers
- Assist staff in researching for blogs to be distributed through digital network
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate
- Demonstrated experience writing about health care
- Strong time-management skills, organized, and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently
- Ability to search PubMed and other databases a plus
- Knowledge of journalism and/or marketing a plus
- Familiarity with reference managers, like Endnote, a plus
- Our internships have a flexible start and end date but typically run for 3-4 months. This is an unpaid part-time or full-time internship opportunity.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.