The Lown Presents series provides a deep dive into topics at the intersection of health policy, health equity, and high-value care. These free live streamed conversations feature experts with a variety of perspectives on health care, including hospital leaders, public health experts, patient advocates, thought leaders, and policymakers. The Lown Institute Hospitals Index provides a backdrop for discussions.
THE PROMISE OF A COOPERATIVE HOSPITAL SECTOR
January 27, 2021
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is that the health of each of us matters. But is a competitive hospital market the best way to ensure every person gets the care they need?
- Paul Levy, Former President and CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Jill Horwitz, Vice Dean for Faculty and Intellectual Life and Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
- David Seltz, Executive Director, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
- Vikas Saini, President of the Lown Institute
- Shannon Brownlee, Senior VP of the Lown Institute
RACISM & HOSPITALS
October 21, 2020
How does structural racism manifest in the hospital sector and what can we do about it?
- Dr. Vikas Saini, President of the Lown Institute
- Shannon Brownlee, Senior VP or the Lown Institute
- Dr. Mary T. Bassett, Director of the FXB Center for Health and Human Rights at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Milton R. Nuñez, CEO of NYC Health + Hospitals/ Lincoln